Wednesday, January 11, 2012

FOCUS

It is often hard to get back to the daily grind. After nearly two weeks of company, three weeks of Dalen being off from pre-school, Mario having a week off of work and various activities related to Christmas/New Year's our schedule has resumed as "normal".

Which leads me to the question what is normal? I'm not exactly sure how any married mother follows a rigid plan. If it works for you or them, that's great but I've found there is no normal around here. Every week is an exception to normal. There is always an event at Dalen's school, youth outing, date night or something of the sense that is preventing us from maintaining a week to week norm. And I must admit I am learning to love and embrace it.

As a stay at home mom I look forward to mixing things up and also teaching my children to be flexible to different schedules and events. I am certain if we followed a rigid routine I would be saying "no" to a lot of the things I love. I have also learned while loving weeks that are full of random activities we choose to attend that I have to stay focused on priorities and finances.

It's easy to lose sight of these things in the midst of a chaotic world that seems to be spinning from one service to another's birthday party to my doctor's check-up. So this year my word is FOCUS. Focus on everything. Keep in sight what really matters and everything else will become part of a hazy background you forget is even there.

I really felt my word for 2012 was confirmed when my husband chose the same word a few weeks ago but I took some extra time to think it through. FOCUS it is!

No comments: