Saturday, January 21, 2012

Mommy Moments.


Only a mother would understand that title. Mommy Moments. You know...

Those moments where your toddler's meltdown pails in comparison to the meltdown you are having. Those moments where you are ready to clock out for the night and realize oh, wait you can't do that in the profession of motherhood. Or what about those moments where your child has a "moment" and you wonder, is this God trying to give me a revelation that what method of correction I just chose is like an allergic reaction to shellfish and I should promptly chuck it and never try that again??

This week so full of those moments. Am I the only one or does every mother constantly second guess
if they are doing the right thing?
Choosing the right methods of correction?
Not scarring their kids for life?
If it's possible to stop saying no so they don't ruin their chance at positivity?

AHHHHHH!

Yeah! It's been one of those weeks!

Gosh I feel like the more I read and the harder I try the farther I am to figuring out this whole parenting thing. IT'S SO HARD! I thought no sleep was hard, I thought dirty diapers were the only thing my kid could do to make my stomach turn! That's a piece of cake compared to dealing with allergies that WON'T go away, keeping appointments straight for both kids, trying to figure out if my toddler can REALLY be that mean or does he have food allergies that alter his behavior, choosing effective correction...

I mean really what is effective correction anyway? Like how do you know?? After trying a certain method of correction for two months how do you finally draw a conclusion uh this isn't working without feeling like a total failure. I'm just asking the real questions. The ones NO ONE answers BEFORE you have kids.

Ugh.

I just want to know what I am doing is right and good. But I feel like you never know until your kid is 20 and angry at the world because the parent was wack. Oh Lord, please don't let that be me!

No comments: