Monday, January 2, 2012

Out with the old, in with the new

Goodbye 2011, hello 2012!

It's been almost two weeks since I blogged last. Here are the highlights and thoughts regarding Christmas this year.

1) Not emphasizing gifts this year was the absolute BEST thing we have ever done as parents. It is def not a one year thing.

2) A memory I will take from this year forever will be the night The Polar Express came on ABC Family channel. I made a pallet for me and D and we laid and watched the entire thing while drinking hot cocoa from glass mugs. So much fun and def his fav. book and movie we watched this holiday season.

3) We read about 25 Christmas books as a family.

4) Without my emphasis on gifts my daughter still ended up with 7 baby dolls from friends and family. If that doesn't tell you something...

5) Christmas Eve was amazing. It was jammed of loud fun with all of the Vining family cousins. We scored a George Foreman grill in the gift exchange. SUPER HAPPY!

6)Christmas Day was great. Breakfast with family, church, lunch with the family, read Christmas story, THEN gifts.

7) My sister and friend came to visit for 7 days! It's the longest any visitors have stayed since we moved. Although I endured something that felt like strep and Cola got a double ear infection we managed to make a glorious breakfast daily and enjoy 80 degree weather! Yes, you read that correctly...eighty.

8)I had to hide many friends this on FB this season. Got sick of hearing of late packages and their Christmas being "ruined" because their child would be one gift short. I'm sure they're still breathing...

9) I'm really hoping 2010 took a few words and phrases with it...like #justsayin', epic and that's all. Anyone else feel like these follow every tweet or FB status. Drives me nuts.

Enjoy a few pics of our holiday


Dalen and Cola in their pajamas. Christmas Eve
Cola in my cousins new winter wear!
Me and my boy!
One of the many trucks he got from family and friends.
Six kids! It was LOUD! And Oh, so fun!
Christmas day!



No comments: