Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Word.

I'm not big into New Year's Resolutions. I'm not against them and have faith people can keep them if they choose them wisely. I, personally, have just tried to develop a lifestyle of reflection and bettering myself constantly.

I am, however, trying something new. I am searching for a word. A perfect word, that will define, guide and focus my year. A word that will emphasize what exactly it is the Lord wants me to accomplish, attempt and specifically devote myself to.

I asked my FB friends what their word would be for 2012 and got a really overwhelming response. I heard everything from recovery to victory to survival (my favorite, from my friend who is moving to Cambodia in a just a few days) to my crazy uncle who responded laziness. HA! I am going back and forth between just a few words that keep ringing inside of me.

When we are focused on a purpose, we tend to plan a strategy and planning is the personal assistant of success. I have been so inspired by people's personal stories around me. I am closely following an adoption story, missionary story, and of course the stories of those who have gone before me, in the Bible. Every successful story may not have started with a plan but somewhere along the way it recognized the importance of strategy.

I'll let you know what word I choose.





No comments: